AIPEA Fellowship was established (EuroClay2013) to recognize and reward clay scientists with a life-long activity in promoting clay science and in supporting the clay science community through AIPEA or other bodies.
Nominations for AIPEA Fellows shall be submitted by a member of the council, by a liaison officer, or by a national or regional society of clay scientists. The nomination may contain publications, supporting letters, and the nominees CV and shall be submitted to the President of AIPEA by the January 1 of year of the International Clay Conference. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the deadline for receipt of applications has been postponed to February 1, 2021.
Fellows must be members of AIPEA. Selection is made by the AIPEA Council.
The successful nominee(s) will be invited to take part in the ICC, and AIPEA will pay for the registration fee. A maximum of two Fellows shall be selected before each international clay conference.
- A proposal may be submitted by a member of Council, by a liaison officer, by a national or regional society of clay scientists.
- The proposal may contain publications, documents (e.g., CV) and letters of support. It shall be submitted electronically to the President of AIPEA by January 1 of the year of the International Clay Conference.
- The selection of the candidates is made by the entire Council based on the materials contained in the proposal(s).
- Fellows must be members of AIPEA. The successful awardee will be invited to take part in the International Clay Conference, and AIPEA will pay for the registration fee.
- A maximum of two fellows can be selected at each International Clay Conference.
J. J. Fripiat, 2005 (Belgium)
J.M. Serratosa, 2005 (Spain)
J. Churchman, 2009 (Australia)
R. Schoonheydt, 2013 (Belgium)
Not Assigned, 2017