AIPEA medal was established by the general assembly of AIPEA to honour active clay scientists in recognition of outstanding contributions to clay science.
A maximum of two medals will be awarded every four years at the occasion of the International Clay Conference.
AIPEA MEDAL 2021
The following rules apply to nominations for the AIPEA Medal:
Candidates must be active clay scientists, meaning they must have a minimum of three publications in refereed and internationally recognized journals in the two years preceding the year of the international Clay Conference at which the medals will be awarded.
Candidates can be proposed by affiliated societies, by AIPEA members or by at least three individual AIPEA members.
Each application consists of:
– the curriculum vitae of the candidate;
– his/her list of publications of the last ten years
– letters of support from those who propose the candidate.
The applications are judged by the AIPEA medal committee consisting of the president, the vice-president, the past-president and four members appointed by the Council.
The applications must be submitted to Dr. Reiner Dohrmann, President AIPEA, by email (president[at]aipea.org). Information concerning the AIPEA medals can be obtained from Dr. Reiner Dohrmann. Date for submission will be posted on this page (see Guidelines).
S.W. Bailey, 1993 (U.S.A)
R.C. Reynolds, 1993 (U.S.A)
V. Drits, 1997 (Russia)
H. Chamley, 1997 (France)
G. Lagaly, 2001 (Germany)
T. Pinnavaia, 2001 (U.S.A)
S. Guggenheim, 2005 (U.S.A)
E. Ruiz-Hitzky, 2005 (Spain)
Y. Fukushima, 2009 (Japan)
Not Assigned, 2013
E. Galan Huertos, 2017 (Spain)
AIPEA Medals were established by the General Assembly of AIPEA to honour active clay scientists in recognition of their contributions to clay science.
- A maximum of two Medals will be awarded at the occasion of the International Clay Conference, and AIPEA will pay for the registration fee.
- Candidates can be proposed by affiliated societies or by individual AIPEA members. In either case, the nomination must be supported by at least three AIPEA members.
- Each application consists of: -the curriculum vitae of the candidate; -his/her list of publications of the last ten years; -letters of support.
- The applications are judged by the AIPEA Medal committee consisting of the President, the Vice- President, the past-President, and four members appointed by Council.
- The applications must be submitted electronically to the AIPEA President at the address listed on the AIPEA web site, from whom all information concerning the AIPEA Medals can be obtained. The closing date of submission of candidates is January 1 of the year of each International Clay Conference.